Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sophie's poem

Hello friends, I passed away today at around noon. I am sure many of you will be sad. This morning, I was on the deck and my mother sang hymns to me and prayed with me. I know I will be with God and that I shall see my mother and my father again.

Do not weep for me...I am not there
Do not cry for me...for I am at peace
Do not wait for me at the door of your home
Do not look for me at your window or on your walk

I will never forget the love you showed me
The soft strokes on my fur when others had abandoned me
When I was discarded and scared you saw my soul and you
loved me

I learned to trust and I learned to love
I learned that there is beauty in the world
I learned to listen to the birds sing, and feel a soft bed under me

I taught you that our time is now and that life is to be enjoyed
I watched you as you watched me run in the park or at the farmers market
I watched you as you smiled at my beauty and my spirit

Do not mourn for me. Learn from me and open your heart and your home to another and teach them to love and to trust. That is my gift to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment