Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dogs and workouts

I am now fully engaged in an extensive workout program with my bike trainer and weights. A short workout is over an hour and sometimes closer to 2 hours.

My dogs do not get the concept of a workout. A dog's life is so much simpler, eat, sleep, pee and play. When I put on my gear and carry my water bottle downstairs my dog Bubba looks at me as if I have lost my mind. Today he whined and carried on as if he needed to go out immediately. I cut short my workout and he gave me a triumphant smile as I mounted the basement steps. "Yes I did it!" you could hear him say as he skipped to his favourite chair.

To be fair to Bubba, he has not been feeling well lately and therefore I am very attentive of him. The look on his face was priceless.

Folks, if you are doing heavy workouts at home, don't listen to what your dogs say, they are laughing at you!

No comments:

Post a Comment